The average LinkedIn user logs into their account from a few times a week to daily. They do not pay for a premium account and have joined at least one group. The majority of LinkedIn users find the network useful for meeting possible new clients.
Listen to this majority — they know what they are doing.
If you are trying to connect with new leads, use LinkedIn. Linkedin is going to be your best bet to reach out and communicate with your prospects through social media. Use the tools that are within LinkedIn to expand your network.
Build your network. You do not have to be limited to connecting with people you know and who know you well. Expand your network by connecting with those within your industry, with those who attended your school, with those people who reach out to you, etc. Have a network that is wider in range — small and close, but also large and divided.
Get the network you want by maximizing your connections and joining groups. Here are some tips on how to do both of these:
Maximize Your Connections
- Keep your profile up to date.
- Use descriptive keywords in your headline.
- Include the most recent projects you have or are working on at the moment.
- Showcase your work.
- Reach out to new contacts by sending them an InMail.
- This makes your network stronger and increases professional opportunities.
- Share what you know.
- Participate in discussions.
- Find groups that meet your expectations and provide quality content.
- Invite your contacts to join.