As Raidious Control came online last week, our team waited in anticipation while I worked to get the final bolts tightened down. I am happy to report that the team has moved in and we are up and running.
This has been a huge project, and it could not have been done without the vision of Taulbee Jackson and Joel Read, the world-class support of The MacExperience, Read Builders, The Bodner Opera House, Ovation, Business Furniture, and the patience of our team.
What is Raidious Control?
Raidious Control is many things. It’s our workspace, our collaboration space, our play space. It’s a rich media lab, a newsroom, a production studio, a social media command center. It’s the media hub of now. It was purpose-built for real-time management of social media, content production, blogging, email, and other online marketing initiatives. This facility reflects how we make, manage, monitor, moderate and measure content for brands.
Our social media command center features real-time monitoring and visualization of online dialog and media activity in a team-based work environment. In addition, it also features private meeting/interview/collaboration spaces, as well as space for small group presentations and training.
Our staff of Content Correspondents (reporters, writers, editors, journalists) and engagement managers work in the cloud. Raidious Control gives us a place to collaborate in person as we manage and execute strategies for the brands with whom we work to provide strategy and planning as well as assistance with execution–in addition to using Raidious Control during the 2012 Super Bowl.
We started this project with a great 2800 square foot space at the intersection of Maryland and Meridian Streets in downtown Indianapolis. The Bodner Opera House has supplied us with beautiful 12 foot windows and exposed beams and brickwork. All-new construction has mirrored the historic aesthetic of this amazing space, and successfully reinvented the space into something even more amazing.
There is a lot of technology in the room including:
- Nine 40″ Samsung HD monitors on Control wall #1
- One 46″ Samsung HD monitors on conference wall
- Four 40″ Samsung HD monitors on Control wall #2 (coming this summer)
- Nine 27″ Apple Cinema Displays
- Over 150 square feet of networked screen real estate
- iPad/iPhone control of all monitor sources across all screens
- Over a mile of Ethernet cable
- Working space for up to 30 people
- Private conference room
- Three private interview suites
- Six Raidious Control workstations (with monitors)
- 10 “touchdown” stations (without monitors)
- Steelcase furniture
- Apple hardware
- Six network-accessible Mac Minis
- 12 “sound cone” speakers (overhead, routable to video source)
- Three Cisco HD cable units
- Control 4 Automation System (iPad/iPhone control)
- Wyrestorm 16×16 HDMI switcher /Furman Power/Mid-Atlantic Racks
- 24 wired Ethernet access points
- Two discrete 802.11n WiFi networks
It’s a great space, and one we are proud of. Our Open House is April 1 (no fooling) so be on the lookout for invitations.