The channels might change, but one thing seems to be making itself very clear: users prefer video over other content. Video acts as the basis for the continued evolution of your social networks.
Facebook’s decision to incorporate video into the user timeline demonstrates that the social media goliath knows that video is the way of the future. And the data continues to reveal it.
Video provides information in a more immediate and entertaining fashion. These days, you only have about 3-5 seconds to capture your audience’s attention, and content marketing with video allows you to reach your target audience in ways print and/or audio advertisements simply can’t.
It’s not new news that data reveals the power of video. A 2010 study from Comscore on video revealed that retail site visitors who viewed video stayed two minutes longer on average and were 64% more likely to purchase than other site visitors..
Brands are starting to believe, and a new 2015 survey by marketing research firm Demand Metric revealed the following:
- 95% of the study’s participants report that video, as a form of marketing and sales content, is becoming somewhat or far more important.
- Large companies are leveraging video more heavily. Over one-third of large companies produce more than 100 marketing videos annually, compared to just 4% of small companies and 5% of medium companies that produce videos at this pace.
- Over 70% of respondents claim that video performs better than other content for producing conversions, and almost half state the ROI of video is getting better. However, over one-fourth do not know the ROI for their video marketing efforts.
- 86% of the study’s participants are using some form of measurement of video marketing effectiveness. Those using intermediate to advanced measures of engagement are producing more videos, reporting substantially better conversion performance and getting better ROI.
- Organizations that host video on a combination of their own website and external websites, such as YouTube, are getting the greatest ROI on their video marketing efforts. The trend is toward this combined hosting approach.
- Almost 70% of the study’s participants report that video engagement data is somewhat or very effective as a lead quality or business opportunity indicator, and over half claim there is great value to having video viewing data about individual leads in the sales funnel. However, only 9% of companies in this study have actually integrated video viewing data with CRM or Marketing Automation systems and are exploiting the data.
Cisco released some eye-popping numbers recently in its annual forecast of cloud and data center traffic, and the company estimates that within the next two years, video will comprise 69% of all consumer online traffic.
Video is becoming the critical means for meeting consumer’s entertainment and information demands. Brands of all sizes must start to include video content marketing as part of their digital marketing strategy.
Raidious creates awesome videos and video campaign ideas. Let us help you make video an important part of your digital marketing strategy. Contact Raidious today.